Page 1 of 1
Different preview than Print preview
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 am
by ArtXpiller
Hello, I am a newbie in this stuff. I use Multirap 420 with Simplify 3D.
Imported STL file shows the correct object in preview in Simplify3D, but in Prepare to print, there are few holes and negative forms (big, over 5 mm radius) missing. Any idea what is going on?
Re: Different preview than Print preview
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:04 am
by JoeJ
It's probably a bad STL file. If the mesh is bad, it may not slice correctly. Try running it through something like
https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/
Re: Different preview than Print preview
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:35 am
by ArtXpiller
It didn't help to repair it.
I use Blender 3D, but even just in letter P, made in Thinkercad P was without hole.
In simplify 3D in preview (orange) there it is but in Prepare to print (blue) the holes disapear
Than I reset Printing profile to default without saving changes and now it works ok. Any idea which parameter was wrong?
Where I could get the list of all parameters in Edit Process settings? There are so many and for most I have no idea what they mean?
Re: Different preview than Print preview
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:51 am
by CompoundCarl
Post your factory file. Go to File > Save Factory File.
Can't really help without seeing the file