StefanH
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:25 am

Heated Bed Temperature Not Saved in Profiles

I've got the problem that Simplify3D does not save my defined Heated Bed Temperature of 0 in any of my profiles. As soon as I restart Simplify3D or load another profile the temperature is set back to the default value of 60°C. This is really annoying because I need to change that manually all the time.

I am running Simplify3D 3.0.2 on Windows 10 x64.

Regards
Stefan
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Heated Bed Temperature Not Saved in Profiles

Post your FFF file. That should help others give suggestions (File > Export FFF Profile).

You could also try just setting the bed temp to 25 degC if that works instead (since that is basically off)
StefanH
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:25 am

Re: Heated Bed Temperature Not Saved in Profiles

Setting it to 25 seems to work. Thanks for the suggestion!
I still attached the FFF file. Even though it works now I still think its a bug and should be fixed.
Attachments
Mendel90_QuadArm.fff
Problematic Profile
(11.01 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
3DManni
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: Heated Bed Temperature Not Saved in Profiles

Hello, I have the same problem. I need 145°C for the heated bed, but after starting the print, it is always only 120°C. Please help me, cause i have problems with lower temperatures >----warping. When i use Makerware, there is no warping when i use 145°C temp. at heated bed.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Heated Bed Temperature Not Saved in Profiles

3DManni wrote:Hello, I have the same problem. I need 145°C for the heated bed, but after starting the print, it is always only 120°C. Please help me, cause i have problems with lower temperatures >----warping. When i use Makerware, there is no warping when i use 145°C temp. at heated bed.
The author of GPX (the program that creates x3g files) decided to limit the bed temperature to 120C for safety reasons. You can go higher if you want, but you will need to re-build GPX with HBP_MAX set to something higher than 120 (source is here: https://github.com/whpthomas/GPX/blob/master/gpx.h#L66)
3DManni
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: Heated Bed Temperature Not Saved in Profiles

Thanks for your answer. I try to go higher, because my temperature-probe works not correct.
If i take 145°C, on the bed i get 100°C.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”