Page 1 of 1

Sewing Zigzag on model

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:10 am
by Rafaal911
Hi,

I am pretty new with simplify3d, and a friend give a FFF for printing with PLA.
I have a Ultimaker 2 with a nozzle of 0.46 mm.
The models, that i printed with Cura were perfect, but took to much time to print it. Simplify is faster, thats why I am using it. But I am having a strange sewing zigzag on models, which have a large smooth surface. How can I erase this bug?

Thanks!

Re: Sewing Zigzag on model

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:46 am
by CompoundCarl
That looks like it's your start and stop points. You can try the "use random start points" option on the layer tab to spread them out. You may also want to tweak your retraction and coasting settings to help make the tiny dots go away.