Page 1 of 1

Odd problem at 80% completion..... Software goes zonky

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:18 am
by RCfanatic
This is my first post.....
I looked through the troubleshooting guides and didn't find anything that describes what I'm experiencing, hopefully someone can help.

I have a FFCP that is 3 days old. I have had successful prints 3 times, and unsuccessful 2 times. Both failed prints have the same results and the same issue. I get to about 80% completion and all of a sudden the live view of extruder axis positions stops changing, and the amount of commands sent speeds up in a crazy fashion. The extruder itself begins making a completely different sound, and starts printing all over the place, spewing material, with no path that makes sense. The first time it happened I assumed it was a corrupt file from thingiverse..... But now it has done it again with a completely different object. I am including a link to a video of the issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

https://youtu.be/ESnAq36eH_w

Re: Odd problem at 80% completion..... Software goes zonky

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 am
by CompoundCarl
It looks like there's something wrong with the printer communication, since the machine isn't responding how it's supposed to. Could be a bad USB cable, a faulty connector on the control board, all kinds of things.

An easy solution would be to just print from the SD card. If the print works fine there, then it definitely means something's wrong with the USB communication from the printer

Re: Odd problem at 80% completion..... Software goes zonky

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:54 pm
by RCfanatic
I didn't even think about that. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Re: Odd problem at 80% completion..... Software goes zonky

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:27 pm
by RCfanatic
CompoundCarl wrote:
An easy solution would be to just print from the SD card. If the print works fine there, then it definitely means something's wrong with the USB communication from the printer
Thanks for the tip! I printed from the SD card and all 3 were successful. Now, to figure out what the heck is causing the communication error so far into the print.