cyberluke
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Dual extrusion - fillament stops extruding

Hi,

I have Flashforge Dreamer Pro and of course I'm printing using SD card as Simplify3d still did not upgrade usb/wifi feature.

When printing infill+support with only left extruder and PLA, it prints at higher quality and small parts are ok.

But when switching to print the support with right extruder (PVA) and exactly same settings, the PLA sometimes forgets to print a layer and it is missing a lot of details - mainly the legs as seen on the picture.

Image

So the question is how to tell the software to print these small details properly? I have finally figured out the right speed for PVA, but don't know what to do now. Retraction is default (1.0mm on both extruders).
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Dual extrusion - fillament stops extruding

Are you using an ooze shield for the dual extruder print? That will help print the second extruder so that it doesn't miss any small features.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”