stro
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Simplify3D.exe has stopped working

Hello.

Dell E6330/I&[email protected]/4GB Ram
Win7/64 Pro SP1

Installed S3D a couple of weeks ago and everything has been running perfectly. No issues. Today, tried to load an STL file that S3D apparently did not like. Locked up the system. Rebooted. S3D starts but soon generates a Win Dialog which reads "Simplify3D.exe has stopped working". Uninstalled S3D and deactivated. Rebooted. Reinstalled S3D. Same issue. Rebooted. Same issue. App error from event viewer:

Faulting application name: Simplify3D.exe, version: 3.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x55d0f27f
Faulting module name: Simplify3D.exe, version: 3.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x55d0f27f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a71bb
Faulting process id: 0x147c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d182d4dec36cb0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-3.0.2\Simplify3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-3.0.2\Simplify3D.exe
Report Id: 29df9bfd-eec8-11e5-ad1b-d4bed97d1327

What is particularly bothersome is that uninstalling/reinstalling S3D and rebooting the machine didn't fix it...

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thank you,
Darrin
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Simplify3D.exe has stopped working

My guess would be that there is some bad corrupt configuration file that is causing the problem. If I were you, I would try to manually remove the config files to make sure there aren't any leftover after uninstalling.

I explained how to do it here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4174&p=18266#p18266
stro
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Simplify3D.exe has stopped working

Hello.

What I was able to finally was to very quickly choose "remove" to get the offending model off the build plate before the software crashed.

I wonder if it would make sense for the developers to add a feature where a corrupt .stl could be bypassed instead of autoloading it and getting stuck in what is, effectively, an endless loop.

Thank you for your suggestion for help.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”