tenaja
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Top "n" layers a different extruder

I want to make a part out of abs, with the top layer printed with NinjaFlex. I know I can do this with modeling two separate parts, but it would be real handy if I could just set the top one or two layers to use a different extruder.

Thanks for considering this.
inventabuild
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Top "n" layers a different extruder

Have you tried the Advance tab / Layer Modifications section and tried to assign different layer heights to different extruders?
tenaja
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Re: Top "n" layers a different extruder

inventabuild wrote:Have you tried the Advance tab / Layer Modifications section and tried to assign different layer heights to different extruders?
No, I have not tried it because it not work with contoured parts.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”