jmone

Re: A notes section

I too would like a notes section so I can store some info on settings for different types of prints elements. Simple things like recording specific "Endpoint Extension Distance" values for when printing gears etc
Prusa MK3
stamerradaniel

by creating FFF profile its possible to include the possibility to write a notes with all parameter includ with this profiles ?
S3D-Jake

stamerradaniel wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:44 pm by creating FFF profile its possible to include the possibility to write a notes with all parameter include with this profiles ?
Hi,

Each G-Code file already includes your profile's selected settings in the header. If you open Simplify3D sliced G-Code in a text editor the first couple hundred lines should be the settings used to make the file.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
jschroeder

+1 vote

I too would vote for an option to have a place to enter notes somewhere within the file.

Yes, we can open a .gcode file after it's been prepared and manually add notes, but iw ould be nice to add a note somewhere within Simplify3D and have the note appear in the header of the gcode somewhere (maybe around line 9, after 'baseProfile...')
frontrange

This is a really obvious shortcoming in the software, I too was surprised thinking I must be missing something till I saw this request. It's now 6 years later and still we can't get something this simple done?
GR8YT

Agreed. I was going to open a request but did a search first and found this one. Not that this OLD request is getting any attention but I thought I'd be a good boy and not open a new one.

I would like to be able to add personal notes on EACH PAGE of the process settings. Us ole' farts have a hard time remembering why we set a particular setting to its current state. And there's no way my old brain will remember what the previous and/or the default setting is that I would normally use.
gwhite

+1 (not that I expect anyone is listening...)
Duckey

I would also support the option of including a note-taking space in the document.

Yes, we can manually add comments to a prepared.gcode file by opening it, but it would be wonderful to add notes within Simplify3D and have them display in the header of the gcode someplace (perhaps after 'baseProfile...' on line 9).

Return to “Feature Requests”