barthyone

Re: A notes section

I, and others have made this request in other threads, so I'll +1 this one for good measure.
arhi

profile notes

I'd like to have one additional tab in "expert" settings that will only have a txt box for writing notes. this notes to be stored with profile. this way I can comment on every profile if needed (max temp that works with something, max fan speed for this and that, what's it good for etc etc..). should be a super simple to implement and would take away need for using external app to maintain data about profiles.
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
tomppu@iki.fi

Re: profile notes

+1 Documenting is always important.
gwhite

I just ran into this myself. I use several different options for my printing surface. It would be REALLY nice if a window would pop up when I load a factory file where I could indicate the surface I need for that material & job. I wanted to run off a few more of a model I printed a couple months ago, and forgot that the secret sauce for good adhesion was glue stick on Kapton. I forgot about the glue stick, and the first attempt was a total waste of filament. Fortunately, I had kept notes elsewhere, and managed to reconstruct what I had used successfully before. I really shouldn't have to go rummaging around to find that sort of info.

+10
MattOlsen

+1 Notes would be a great addition to the already great software package. Please ADD notes... somewhere!
jackanderson231

I know this is an old topic but +1. A notes panel in the FFF settings window would be extremely useful.
http://2software.net/search/BeeTalk-for-iOS/ios
aliasalpha

Can we have a notes tab?

Just a small feature request that might be only useful to me but I'd love to see a tab added for user notes.

I tend to experiment with minor changes in settings to try and get them right and it'd be extremely helpful if each profile could have a simple window where I could keep notes about the settings. For example, I could use it to keep a running list of everything I've changed so if I'm making things worse I can step back through the settings until I get back to the decent ones. It'd also be handy for simple stuff like "These are the settings that worked well for that slightly fiddly black ABS I bought from ShopX"
arhi

Re: Can we have a notes tab?

gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
gwhite

No sign that this has made it into version 4.1.1, so:

+1

I can save pretty much everything I need in a factory file EXCEPT for what build surface/treatment to use.. For example, I use glue stick for small PETG print jobs, and hairspray for bigger ones. Knowing which one I used the last time I ran a job can be a big time (and filament) saver.
ljclark

A useful (at least to me) spin on this topic would be the ability to activate an optional settings data log each time a Profile was saved. The entry could be date/time stamped from the computer. I"m just finishing up an afternoon of getting the basics of Amazon's PETG dialed in. The first batch eight 20x20x5 little shapes with just a few bits of information written with a Sharpie.

In a perfect world, this could be a PDF file with a form-fill box where notes could be typed in. But would also be fine if a running *.txt file could be generated.

As filaments come and go, and different printers offer different build surfaces, a logging feature would be a big help, and also help with customer support issues.

Return to “Feature Requests”