timop
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:52 am

Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

I use raft sometimes on narrow prints. But why does it make raft layers 4-5 if I use just one like in picture?
Attachments
raft.PNG
raft.PNG (11.42 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

The raft layers setting controls the number of layers at the interface between the raft and the part. You will still get all the lower layers that make up the raft foundation (unless you disable raft base layers).
timop
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

thanks, If i enable "disable raft base layers" it prints just layers what I configured in "Raft layers" ?
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

That's an affirmative.

I never use the base layers whenever I have to use a raft..unless I have severe issues with shrinkage causing curling off the bed, when I pull out all the stops and use mouse ears all over the place!!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
timop
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

I tested yesterday without raft base layers and 2 layers of raft, it worked well.
I printed with PLA to glass plate covered PRF 202 Plastic Spray

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”