mkjohnson
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:14 am

print preview center/align not same as edit view

I am hoping to get advice on how to modify Simplify3D (profile, settings??) such that when bodies are centered/aligned with Edit-> Center and Arrange, the print preview shows the bodies aligned on the print bed.

I am printing with a MAKEiT-Pro. When I Edit -> Center and Arrange models, the view correctly centers/align as shown in this image:
Image

I expected the bodies to be centered in print preview. They were not. Here is an image:
Image

why doesn't the edit view reflect the print preview view?

Thank you.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: print preview center/align not same as edit view

Probably because you have global gcode offsets for your X and Y axes defined in the G-Code tab. Those offsets modify all coordinates in the gcode file (so it will appear shifted).
mkjohnson
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:14 am

Re: print preview center/align not same as edit view

That's the problem! The x was offset by 55. Thank you very much.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”