Page 1 of 1
Its deleting part of my model IE not printing it. how to fix
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:49 am
by nerys
I am having a problem with simplifies slicer "ignoring" parts of my model. I assume its because if very thin at these locations.
How do I make it print those locations? Tolerances are not critical I just need there to not be a hole their :-) Pics attached in the preview and in the print preview (post slice)
those gaps are in fact being printed as gaps but they don't exist in the model. I am assuming its too thin? how do I just make it print them anyway (even if it means making it thicker this is fine)
Re: Its deleting part of my model IE not printing it. how to
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:00 pm
by cairn
This has worked for me:
Go to FFF settings, 'Other' tab, Dimensional Adjustments, Horizontal Size Compensation, and try a small positive increase until your holes are filled.
Good luck:)
Re: Its deleting part of my model IE not printing it. how to
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:35 pm
by nerys
Will this effect other parts of the model? The encasement of the jey is a friction fit so if it thickens up anywhere else the key wont fit any longer?
They need a setting to print thin stuff even if its too thin just print it anyway. :-)
Re: Its deleting part of my model IE not printing it. how to
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:37 am
by nerys
Ok I had to go .3mm to get it to fully close the hoke .25mm almost did it but not quite.
problem now is the part no longer works. it also shrank the key shank/shaft hole (that square hole on the end) and it also shrank the width of the gap inside so the key no longer fits inside. Grrrr
suggestions? anyway to simply force it to print what is there even if its too thin without making the whole model "thicker" so to speak which is what that horizontal thing does.
Re: Its deleting part of my model IE not printing it. how to
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:28 am
by dkightley
With S3D working the way it does at the moment, if part of a thin wall is not printing there are only three ways of resolving the issue:
1) Print with a smaller nozzle.
2) Redesign the model so the wall thickness is wide enough for S3D to slice correctly
3) Use the Horizontal Compensation setting to artificially change the model dimensions
You've found that option 3 is not going to be right for you as it changes ALL xy surface positions.......so you have two choices.
Re: Its deleting part of my model IE not printing it. how to
Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:44 pm
by Tiffanyalise94
I found this thread super helpful and I just wanted to say thanks guys! <3
