Page 1 of 1

Brim and first layer speed

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:36 am
by PinballGeorgio
Hi all,

I have an issue that the brims and first layer are printing too fast. The speed is 75mm/s in the speed settings, the first layer speed is 20%.
but it doesn't matter what I set in first layer speed, also 5% gives the same speed which looks like the normal speed after the first layer.
I have to adjust the speed setting on the printer itself now for the first layer and manually change that to 100% after the first layer.

Is there a setting besides this first layer speed setting which I don't see? It worked good, but suddenly the first layer speed has no effect anymore.

Thanx!

Re: Brim and first layer speed

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:25 am
by dkightley
My guess is that you're using a raft and are expecting the first layer settings to act on the first layer of the model....and not on the "first layer", i.e. the first layer printed on the bed.

Unfortunately, the first layer IS the first layer printed....and not the first layer of the model.

Re: Brim and first layer speed

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:07 am
by PinballGeorgio
No, i'm not using a raft. The first layer is the layer of the object.
I've attached my factory file.

Re: Brim and first layer speed

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:42 am
by dkightley
With nothing there to print, there's nothing anybody can do to help!

Load the object you're having issues with and re-generate the factory file.....

Re: Brim and first layer speed

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:26 pm
by PinballGeorgio
It doesn't matter, it's with every object. But i've included a recent print with this problem now.