Page 1 of 1
Simplify 3d Temperature Settings Maker Select Wanhaou
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:25 am
by nerys
I Just got a maker select (wanhaou i3 v2 clone)
anyway. how do I set extruder temp? when I make a file it seems to default to 190 or 195
I manually up this on the printer itself as my filament really needs more temperature.
SO I figured ok lets modify it. but I ONLY see "heated bed" T0
how do I add the extruder? I assume I need to know what T? it is? is it T1? how do I find out?
the radio button for "extruder" versus "heated bed" does not seem to change add or alter anything.
Re: Simplify 3d Temperature Settings Maker Select Wanhaou
Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:30 am
by CompoundCarl
Go to Help > Configuration Assistant, and select the Wanhao Duplicator i3 profile. That already has an extruder and a heated bed properly configured.
It sounds like whatever profile you are using does not..
Re: Simplify 3d Temperature Settings Maker Select Wanhaou
Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 am
by nerys
yes and no. I already did that of course. I selected wanhaou i3 but while it was USING a nozzle temp I could not find it (it was using 195 and I need 217 the filament I use just works better at 217 too brittle at 195)
anyway No worries I am just dumb and blind.
in the left column box where it says "PRIMARY EXTRUDER" that I completely ignored because I thought it was a header/title of that box and not an ENTRY in its own right just above Heated Bed
I clicked that and WOW there is it :-) damn I feel dumb :-)
the defaults absolutely did not work for me in that profile.
I needed to change multiplier to 1.0 line width to .65 overlap to 30% retraction to 1.5mm (no more stringing) and enable coast also of course temperature to 217 to get a "decent print"
the defaults gave me a print but it was extremely brittle and could be ripped apart with your hands with minor effort.
I still think the parts are weaker than with the replicator mini (same filament) so more tweaking is needed but they are usable now at least :-) I am reaching the limit of my ability to "deduce" what changes are needed so will have a new thread for that soon. I don't like changing settings randomly without reason or knowing what it will really do.