Page 1 of 1

Missing layers

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:27 pm
by mrrg
Hello

When I slice an object I get missing layers. Changing the rotation of the object changes position of the missing layers
as well as changing the layer height slightly. 1/1000 of a mm or so. The object slices fine using makerware from makerbot.
zooming in on the object in simplify3d or netfabb reveals no gaps. See attached factory file.

Re: Missing layers

Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:01 am
by andrewk72
There are a lot of mesh issue with that model. I ran it through a few mesh checking tools and they all found numerous problems (including S3D own repair menu tools). So you will need to repair the model first.

Try running it through here: https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/

Re: Missing layers

Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm
by mrrg
You were right! :)
Repairing it removed the missing layers.
Strange that it worked without problems when I used makerware ?