Page 1 of 1
No solid piece
Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:27 am
by Budi67
Hello
Sorry for my bad english
I have à problem with à commercial stl
S3d see the piece as multiple pieces
In Cura, i have no problem !!
Any Idéa ?
Thank you
Best regards
Re: No solid piece
Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:33 am
by CompoundCarl
I'm guessing that your STL file isn't a proper 3D solid. It looks like it has self-intersecting features. Either boolean it together properly or run it through a service like netfabb to repair it.
Re: No solid piece
Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:08 am
by dkightley
Alternatively, use the Separate Connected Surfaces option on the Mesh dropdown menu. Using it will generate additional items in the model list...which is normal, but the part should slice okay.
Re: No solid piece
Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:41 pm
by Budi67
Thanks for your answer
CompoundCarl wrote:I'm guessing that your STL file isn't a proper 3D solid. It looks like it has self-intersecting features. Either boolean it together properly or run it through a service like netfabb to repair it.
I have tried to repaire it with netfabb (classic) it's not better
dkightley wrote:Alternatively, use the Separate Connected Surfaces option on the Mesh dropdown menu. Using it will generate additional items in the model list...which is normal, but the part should slice okay.
This solution work with certain stl.
When separate this stl has 2 models, but it's no solid
Re: No solid piece
Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:09 am
by Budi67
I can't print it corrtectly
I do not understand why 3 rows of the perimeter are also distant, the line of solid layer are too distant.
Is it the fault of the stl?
Thank you
Edit : it's my fault, iseen that the part, bases on support, I have to put a full layer
Re: No solid piece
Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 am
by Budi67
I tried the link given by dkightley in another post ==>
https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/
The model are wonderful !!!!!