Willis

Bed / Nozzle Temp changing from settings

Hello esteemed makers

so far buying s3D has been the best decision ever.. I havnt had to mess with much and get great looking prints using default settings.

There is 1 issue im seeing however that i cant figure out.
during printing, my machine changes temperature settings slightly from my chosen settings.

for pla i want
70 - bed
210 - extruder

In S3D ive set
extruder - Layer 1 temp - 210
heated bed - layer 1 temp - 70

i slice and save toolpath to disk..then upload to octoprint for printing.

when i start the job, The settings in octoprint show target as 70 bed / 210 extruder.
However once the print begins, it increase the target extruder to 215 C and lowers the Bed Temp to 60 C

Im not so concerned about extruder temp but at 60C my prints slightly curl off bed ( on kapton tape )

why are my bed temps lowering 10 degrees?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
andrewk72

Re: Bed / Nozzle Temp changing from settings

I wonder if octoprint is changing it? Have you tried printing from the SD card? I would also open up the file in a text editor and make sure that the gcode contains the correct temperature commands. If it does, then the software is doing the right thing, and it's something else down the line that is causing the problem.
Willis

hi andrewk72.. thanks for the suggestions.

I printed with SD card same result.
I used text editor to view gcode and found the culprit.

startcode shows

M140 S60.000000
M109 T0 S215.000000
T0
M190 S60.0000000

I think this is something to do with min start temps so i changed to 70 (bed) and 210 (extruder0)..

Works now :D

CASE CLOSED!
andrewk72

You shouldn't have hard-coded temperatures in your starting script. I would just remove those commands entirely and let the software automatically add the relevant temperature commands.
CompoundCarl

You can use the [extruder0_temperature] and [bed0_temperature] variables in your starting script if you want to use your process settings instead.

For example

M104 S[extruder0_temperature]
M140 S[bed0_temperature]

That way you don't have to hard-code the value
Drew3164

I'm having the same problem I have narrowed it down to this software if I use any other software it works fine?

So I preheat the bed to 75 and the hotend to 240 for PETG. Once the starting gcode ends the hotend and bed drop temp to my PLA temps bed 65 and hotend 195?

I have Reinstalled Simplify 3d to bring everything back to default and still no luck

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”