Page 1 of 1

Retraction between processes

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:13 am
by sorcerer
Hello Guys,

I wanted to ask if anyone experienced my problem in the past:

I wanted to print two models with different processes. I set up both processes equally (only different in shell count) and whenever the nozzle changes to the other model I want a retraction to prevent stringing. For the printing within a model I do not want retraction.

So I set up:

-> retract only when crossing open space on both processes

Unfortunately this gives me no retraction on the travel between both objects. If I set up both objects with the same process, It will do retraction when travelling between! No difference if sequential print or continous print with 2 processes.

Is this expected?

Best Regards, Thomas

Re: Retraction between processes

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:27 am
by dkightley
Try checking the "Force retraction between layers" checkbox.

Re: Retraction between processes

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:43 am
by sorcerer
Hello,

this is for sure working. But I do not want to have a retraction in every layer of my print when I am printing sequentially 20 layers of each object.

What worked is Setting: Retraction Minimum distance: 99mm and putting the objects with more than 99mm distance on the buildplate.

Then I will get no retractions on travelling within one object and one retraction when travelling between the two different objects.


Conclusion: => "Only retract when crossing open spaces" does not work when sequentially printing objects with multiple processes.

Best Regards