Page 1 of 1

part looks unbderfilled where it meets support structure

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:17 pm
by dagwood
Hi,
My parts look under filled where ever they meet the support structure. (see attached photos). The surface of the part where it meets the raft is good and the top surface that has no contact with support structure is good. I have the same result in ABS and PLA material. Any ideas as to the cause of this?

thanks

Re: part looks unbderfilled where it meets support structure

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:15 am
by CompoundCarl
I would recommend trying a lower layer height in that area and perhaps also experimenting with some dense support structures. If you want the absolute best results, using a dissolvable support material allows you to have the best finish from what I've seen.

Here's a few similar links on the forum
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3876&p=19352
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5275&p=22843

Re: part looks unbderfilled where it meets support structure

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:32 am
by razster
Lowering the layer height and printing the outlines slower will help