Page 1 of 1

Difference by using SD card or direct connection

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:34 am
by Pederbc
Hi,

I have just upgraded to the latest 3.1 version (which may not have anything to do with it). But I have added a few settings in the start code to extrude some plastic outside of the plate and let it wipe off when the extruder moves back on to the plate. When I run it from the computer (mac) it works just fine and the nozzle just touches the plate and wipes off. But if I save the same to the SD card and run it, the nozzle will be 1-2 mm above the plate, and then pulls the plastic back onto the plate.

I have the TEVO Tarantula with the latest Marlin firmware.

Starting Script:
G28; Home all axis
G29; Level bed (Z)
M206 Z1.5; set extruder height offset
G1 F1800 Y0 ; Move extruder outside the plate
G1 F1200 Z0 ;
M83 ; Set extruder to relative move
G1 F240 E50 ; Extrude 50 mm
M82 ; Set extruder to absolute move

Br/Peder

Re: Difference by using SD card or direct connection

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:27 am
by CompoundCarl
That probably just means your auto-leveler is acting up. I've seen this occasionally on some of my printers where the G29 will work perfectly one time and then will be a few centimeters away from the bed the next time. Unfortunately, they aren't as reliable as you might think yet.

Re: Difference by using SD card or direct connection

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:03 am
by Pederbc
Thanks for a quick reply!

But I'm not sure this is the reason, as I have repeated the scenario several times with the same result. Works ok run from the PC and not ok via the SD card. There must be something that either Simplify or the firmware handles differently. I will try to revert back to version 3.02 as I haven't noticed this before.

I'll be back :-) / Peder