Page 1 of 1

Strange banding problem

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:20 am
by Heutinck
Hi I'm having a strange banding problem that has just started with my prints. as you can see in the photos, there are darker and lighter sections of the print. the darker bands are all a slight bit larger than the rest of the print. if the band are close together the size difference seems more pronounced.

Pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s1ffhdm97nue ... n38Aa?dl=0

there also seems to be some zits on the darker bands at the corners. this one really has me stumped. its happening on all the prints now.

Re: Strange banding problem

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:19 am
by CompoundCarl
This might be a good place to start: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... e-of-print

Re: Strange banding problem

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:28 am
by Heutinck
thanks CompoundCarl. its not quite the issue I have though. I ran an experiment last night and think I have solved the issue. I threw the filament into my dehydrator for a few hours. I just thought the banding looked almost like it was happening with the air conditioner. this problem only seem to come up after it got humid here. the print turned out good this morning, although the dehydrator had some other negative effects like excessive stringing, but I can deal with that.

Again thanks.

Re: Strange banding problem

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:15 am
by dkightley
Now that's an interesting find........I would never have thought that the moisture level variations as a result of a running aircon would have an effect.

I'll avoid printing in my car from now on. ;)

PS No sarcasm intended.....we here in the UK don't generally have aircon.

Re: Strange banding problem

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:40 am
by CompoundCarl
First line in the troubleshooting section for the link I posted above ;)
The most common cause for this issue is poor filament quality