Page 1 of 1

Printer profile problems

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:35 pm
by fpex
I am new to S3D but I am really not understanding why it does certain things.
Until now I used it with a FelixPro1 printer, and all was fine.
I just imported the settings for a BigBox and things got weird.
If I change temperature in the inbox profile (for example set left at 150 and right stays as is), all temps change mixing values from all printer profiles.

What is going on? Can this program be used with multiple profiles?
Am I forced to change values in the FFFF files and import overtime?

Re: Printer profile problems

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:50 am
by CompoundCarl
That probably means that the BigBox profile just set a global extruder temperature in their autoConfigureMaterial sections. If you go to File > Export FFF Profile, just open the file in a text editor and scroll down to the bottom and you should be able to see this.

If you want to control each extruder temperature independently, which is really only needed if you are doing multi-material prints (for example, PLA with PVA), then you need to put the full <temperatureController> sections within each <autoConfigureMaterial> section.

If you export and compare the FelixPro profile, I'm sure you'll see what I mean

Re: Printer profile problems

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:20 am
by dorsai3d
Actually, to control the temperature you'll need to pull the temperatureController tags into each auto configure.

I've gotten a long way with editing XML in profiles, but it's quite a pain! Seems like there should be some way in the UI to know what is changed in each autoconfigure and assign a field to each autoconfigure.