Work22
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 am

Software Crashes After Device Connected Notification

Hello all.

I'm having a new problem with my software crashing. I've used Simplify3d with my Robo 3D r1 since March with no problems. I opened up the software today after not using it for a few weeks and once I get the "Device Connected" notification on the bottom right a few problems pop up.
First the build table immediately disappears leaving me with a blank blue window.
Then sometime after the software will crash and Windows 10 will give me the "stopped working" notification.

What I've done so far.
Updated to the latest version 3.1
Uninstalled and removed license, then re-downloaded and reinstalled 3.1
Updated video card drivers.
Tried different USB ports
During the time before the software crashes and closes itself I can open the machine control panel and send axis moves to the printer and it responds correctly.

Communication log if that helps:

Connected to machine!
READ: echo:Marlin1.0.0
Marlin1.0.0
READ: echo: Last Updated: Jun 24 2015 14:05:08 ho: Free Memory: 3749 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
Last Updated: Jun 24 2015 14:05:08 ho: Free Memory: 3749 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
READ: echo:Stored settings retrieved
Stored settings retrieved
READ: echo:SD init fail
SD init fail
READ: start
SENT: T0
READ: echo:Marlin1.0.0
Marlin1.0.0
READ: echo: Last Updated: Jun 24 2015 14:05:08 | Author: (RoBo 3D, R1 Single Extruder)
Last Updated: Jun 24 2015 14:05:08 | Author: (RoBo 3D, R1 Single Extruder)
READ: Compiled: Jun 24 2015
READ: echo: Free Memory: 3749 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
Free Memory: 3749 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
READ: echo:Stored settings retrieved
Stored settings retrieved
SENT: M105
READ: echo:SD init fail
SD init fail
READ: echo:Active Extruder: 0
Active Extruder: 0
READ: ok
READ: ok T:26.3 /0.0 B:25.7 /0.0 T0:26.3 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
SENT: M105
READ: ok T:26.4 /0.0 B:25.8 /0.0 T0:26.4 /0.0 @:0 B@:0


I'm looking for advice on what to try next.
Thanks
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Software Crashes After Device Connected Notification

There is nothing wrong in your communication log, but the issue you mentioned with the display going blank and turning blue is most definitely a graphics issue. So I would focus on trying to update your graphics drivers and make sure your graphics card has sufficient support.
Work22
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 am

Re: Software Crashes After Device Connected Notification

CompoundCarl wrote:There is nothing wrong in your communication log, but the issue you mentioned with the display going blank and turning blue is most definitely a graphics issue. So I would focus on trying to update your graphics drivers and make sure your graphics card has sufficient support.
Just to clarify I mean the window in the Software goes blank, not my physical display. All that disappears is the build table leaving the default background color that's normally there.
Image
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Software Crashes After Device Connected Notification

Yes, that is most likely a graphics card issue
Work22
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 am

Re: Software Crashes After Device Connected Notification

CompoundCarl wrote:Yes, that is most likely a graphics card issue
I rolled back to an old driver and that seems to have fixed the problem. I guess I'll wait until AMD updates their drivers again and see if that one works when it's released.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”