Page 1 of 1

Thin walls being added

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:38 pm
by jokes54321
I downloaded the air raid siren (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1176646 ) from Thingiverse and loaded the first part in Simplify3D. The part looked great until the print preview, then a bunch of thin walls cut through the middle.

I'm stumped, any ideas?

Imported STL
SirHa_gehaeuse1.PNG
Print Preview
SirHa_gehaeuse1 print preview.PNG

Re: Thin walls being added

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:10 am
by andrewk72
Those aren't walls, they are just travel movements. It's normal to see those. You can toggle them by unchecking the "travel moves" checkbox in the preview window.

Re: Thin walls being added

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm
by jokes54321
andrewk72 wrote:Those aren't walls, they are just travel movements. It's normal to see those. You can toggle them by unchecking the "travel moves" checkbox in the preview window.

lol, now I feel silly.

Thank you,

Denny