Page 1 of 1

S3D adding layers where not supposed to

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:57 pm
by kcockrell
I made a model, saved it as an STL file and imported it to S3D. This is what the cross section of the model should look like.
CGB.PNG
When I prepare the to print, random layers are added as seen below.
CG Bay Problem 2.PNG
Has anyone seen this before? I have "Merge all outlines into a single solid model" unchecked so I know that isn't the issue. I was looking at printing it flipped over and I had the same issue occur but the number of layers and thickness of the layers it added was different.
CG Bay Problem.PNG

Re: S3D adding layers where not supposed to

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:34 am
by CompoundCarl
Usually that means there's a problem with the model, but if you post your factory file, it will be easier for others to help (File > Save Factory File)