isacat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm

how to fil

I am new with S3D and I have this issue, there is a slit visible, on the stl file it's all nice close

Image

anybody know how I can close this gap (slit), like for example a extra line filament in the middle will close it?
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: how to fil

Just set your extrusion width to manual and then increase it by a small amount (like 0.4mm to 0.42mm) That will be enough to fill the gap.
isacat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: how to fil

how do I do this, I just stared with 3D printing
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: how to fil

Click "Edit Process Settings", go to the Extruders tab, click on the extruder you are using from the left-hand list, then set the extrusion width to manual and enter whatever value you want. Then just click OK and then "Prepare to Print" again to see the changes.

You should only need to increase your extrusion width a tiny amount, so if it was currently at 0.4mm, only increase to around 0.42mm or something similar

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”