Page 1 of 1

Powerspec Ultra Bed Offset

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:24 pm
by hazardsky
Greetings,

For reference I have a Powerspec Ultra printer.

I made my first print using Simplify3d earlier today with no issues. After this first print, I cannot seem to get the software to print actually on the bed. While the software shows the object dead center on the platform, the printer starts extruding while the nozzle is off to the left of the bed. I have restarted everything, and even confirmed that all other software has no problem printing in the right area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Powerspec Ultra Bed Offset

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:12 am
by CompoundCarl
Well here's a simple test. Just re-print the file that worked successfully. If that is also printing in a different location, then something changed with the printer. If that prints correctly, then you probably just need to re-download the S3D profile, since something likely changed there.

Re: Powerspec Ultra Bed Offset

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:53 am
by dorsai3d
Are you sure that's not the starting script? I know a lot of S3D profiles like to extrude a bit off the bed to prime the extruder. Or sometimes they print a line across the front of the bed.