BUG?: Vase mode weirdness
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 pm
by wfcook
I am getting some very strange gcode printing a simple cylinder in vase mode, almost as if it's printing every layer twice in regular mode. I'm using Windows version 3.1.0.0
Here are the factory and gcode files:
http://www.wfcook.com/cyl.factory
http://www.wfcook.com/cyl.gcode
Re: BUG?: Vase mode weirdness
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:49 pm
by dkightley
You're not printing a simple cylinder.......you're printing a tube! And the vase mode printing is doing exactly as I would expect it to do - once around all the "outside" of the object...which in the case of a tube is once around the outside surface...and then once around the inside surface! And your tube is so thin walled that the outside perimeter and the inside perimeter overlap.
Make your cylinder solid then do the vase print. Alternatively tick the "Merge all outlines into a single solid model" flag and set top & bottom layers to zero
Re: BUG?: Vase mode weirdness
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:00 pm
by wfcook
Of course, thanks. Duh. I'll attempt to go find the rest of my brain.