idesign123
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Double Wall Thickness

I just switched over to s3D from ReplicatorG, and have a problem.

My previous (RepG) prints were perfect, but on S3D the wall thickness is always DOUBLE what it should be. I've checked the Simplify Troubleshooting guide (which is fantastic) but didn't see this particular issue mentioned.

Anyone have ideas for what I should try?

* I'm using a QIDI (Replicator clone) with Sailfish and built-in cooling fan. I'm printing PLA at 220 degrees on a 40 degree bed. Print speed is currently set to 80. It's not a hardware issue since it prints great in RepG. Thanks for any advice!
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Double Wall Thickness

If would probably help if you posted your factory file, since it's hard to make a recommendation otherwise
wirlybird
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Double Wall Thickness

idesign123 wrote:I just switched over to s3D from ReplicatorG, and have a problem.

My previous (RepG) prints were perfect, but on S3D the wall thickness is always DOUBLE what it should be. I've checked the Simplify Troubleshooting guide (which is fantastic) but didn't see this particular issue mentioned.

Anyone have ideas for what I should try?

* I'm using a QIDI (Replicator clone) with Sailfish and built-in cooling fan. I'm printing PLA at 220 degrees on a 40 degree bed. Print speed is currently set to 80. It's not a hardware issue since it prints great in RepG. Thanks for any advice!
Are you using the QIDI profile in S3d?

I am printing PLA at 195 and a 60 degree bed. Not that it is the problem but just what I am doing.
idesign123
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: Double Wall Thickness

Fixed!!!

Well, I actually didn't fix the problem with double wall thickness, but instead another QIDI owner was kind enough to send me a copy of his FFF file. Once I switched over to that version of the FFF, whatever was causing problem was fixed. I'm still pretty new so I probably just messed something up in the settings.

Sorry to bug you. Everything's working fine now :-)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”