mroek
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported

On a whim I checked on the S3D web page "Is my printer compatible" if the Craftbot Plus is supported by S3D (I knew it was, I just wanted to know if there was an official profile), and got the "Hooray" response.

However, when I go to the "Configuration assistant" (under Help) in Simplify3D (v3.1.0), the printer does not appear in that list. Is this a known issue? Doesn't S3D properly download profiles from their servers?
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported

That probably means you need to email them about the profile. Just send them a note here: https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/

From my experience, they have provided a lot of profiles via email that aren't in the drop down list, perhaps because they are still testing or waiting for their next software update
mroek
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported

Ok, I just assumed that when their automated compatibility checking tool reported a printer as compatible, then it would also show up for selection in the assistant.

Just to check that it isn't something with my installation, do you see the Craftbot in the drop down list in your installation?
wirlybird
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported

mroek wrote:Ok, I just assumed that when their automated compatibility checking tool reported a printer as compatible, then it would also show up for selection in the assistant.

Just to check that it isn't something with my installation, do you see the Craftbot in the drop down list in your installation?
A possibility is that compatible means there is another printer of a similar type where the profile will work. I had to use a different printer for mine until they got a profile ready. Wasn't to big a deal.

The S3D guys seem very responsive to questions.
JohnOCFII
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:26 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported

mroek wrote:On a whim I checked on the S3D web page "Is my printer compatible" if the Craftbot Plus is supported by S3D (I knew it was, I just wanted to know if there was an official profile), and got the "Hooray" response.

However, when I go to the "Configuration assistant" (under Help) in Simplify3D (v3.1.0), the printer does not appear in that list. Is this a known issue? Doesn't S3D properly download profiles from their servers?
I too, thought that "compatible" on the web page meant that the printer profile was included. Mine was not. I was able to get a profile within a couple of days from S3D. It was not exactly ready for prime time. Bed size was off, among other things.

John

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”