Bad blobbing on small part. Updated
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:38 pm
I am having a real issue with a small cylindrical part. Look at the "sawtooth" edge on the right of the part, this is blobbing where a new extrusion starts. I can't get it to stop. I turn off retraction etc and even the preview shows no retraction but it still insists on retracting and then leaving a huge blob. The first several layers are good then it starts with the blobs.
The other issue is that the diameter gets wider when the blobs start. You can see how the sides slope out as they go up for the first part.
I tried a negative restart and that helps but the first layers are then no good. The are like under extruded and will fall off.
I used to be able to print this part fine and now I don't know why it changed. I must have forgotten the combo to get it right.
Another thing that is odd is I set the fill to 100% but the preview shows no fill in between the inner and outer wall. If I up the overlap then it shows the infill.
PLA
190 temp
60 bed

The other issue is that the diameter gets wider when the blobs start. You can see how the sides slope out as they go up for the first part.
I tried a negative restart and that helps but the first layers are then no good. The are like under extruded and will fall off.
I used to be able to print this part fine and now I don't know why it changed. I must have forgotten the combo to get it right.
Another thing that is odd is I set the fill to 100% but the preview shows no fill in between the inner and outer wall. If I up the overlap then it shows the infill.
PLA
190 temp
60 bed

