Page 1 of 1

Newest Slicer Problem

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:30 pm
by Narg
Hi all,

I updated to the latest Simply3D and since tried to reslice a model I've printed before with no problems. Now when I prepare to print, some of the model goes away. I can't figure out how to stop the slicer from doing this. It's basically a model with support structure in the model itself, so no support needs to be added to the model for printing. I can get S3D to add support no problem, but the model's own support seems a bit better on the final product. Previous version of S3D didn't do this.

Before print prep
Before print prep the supports are there
Before print prep the supports are there
After print prep
after print prep the supports disappear.
after print prep the supports disappear.
Here's the model itself.
crocz.stl
model
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Re: Newest Slicer Problem

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:49 pm
by CompoundCarl
Read this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... ng-printed

Also, I would never use the supports that come with the model. That just takes away all the control that you get from using S3D, and it's never printed as good in my experience. I would just try to download that same model without the added supports since the slicer can add better ones.