Page 1 of 1
Hole Perimeter Shells not Sticking to Each Other
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:07 pm
by airmaxx23
I recently purchased Simplify3D (may end up asking for a refund soon) and have been unable to get my shells/perimeters to stick to each other in holes on my prints when using NinjaFlex. The outer perimeters are fine but perimeters around holes on the interior of the print do not stick to each other. I've tried several different changes to the settings to to try fix it but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Ignore the rest of the print since I stopped it when I noticed the inner perimeters weren't sticking again.

Re: Hole Perimeter Shells not Sticking to Each Other
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 am
by CompoundCarl
Sounds like you just need to increase your extrusion multiplier. Try increasing it by 0.1 to see if they start to touch better.
They actually have a page that explain more about this in case you are interested:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... gh-plastic
Re: Hole Perimeter Shells not Sticking to Each Other
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 am
by airmaxx23
Thanks, I've already tried increasing the extrusion multiplier and have gone up from .90 all the way to 125 over the course of several test prints and it's not helping.
Re: Hole Perimeter Shells not Sticking to Each Other
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:15 am
by CompoundCarl
If you are telling your extruder to extrude 20% more plastic and you aren't noticing and changes, then something is definitely wrong. That is a lot more plastic and should easily be noticeable if your extruder is working correctly.
Re: Hole Perimeter Shells not Sticking to Each Other
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:34 pm
by airmaxx23
The extra extruded filament is noticeable everywhere but on my interior perimeters. I have no issues with PLA, just the NinjaFlex.