Page 1 of 1

Strange Slicer Output.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:02 pm
by print3D_online
I created a part in Fusion 360 and exported it as an .stl file. It looks exactly as expected in the main Simplify3d view, but the preview is a different story:
main.PNG
main.PNG (31.37 KiB) Viewed 923 times
preview.PNG
preview.PNG (71.4 KiB) Viewed 923 times
I tried slicing the same file in Cura and gcode preview doesn't have this problem. Any idea what could I be doing wrong in Simplify3D? Thanks.

Re: Strange Slicer Output.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:55 am
by CompoundCarl
Most likely a problem with your STL file where you didn't properly boolean together the 2 surfaces. Either run the STL through a repair service or make a proper solid model in the original CAD package

Re: Strange Slicer Output.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:07 pm
by print3D_online
Both of your suggestions worked. Thank you!
CompoundCarl wrote:Most likely a problem with your STL file where you didn't properly boolean together the 2 surfaces. Either run the STL through a repair service or make a proper solid model in the original CAD package