eavogels
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:47 am

Saving workspace

Hi.
Is it not possible to save the workspace from the program? I only manage to save when I close Simplify3d, choose another project and answer YES on the question if I want to save the current workspace.
I find the saving-process not intuitiv. I mix upp all the extension and names. Sometimes a print is only generating G-Code and not 3xg file. How can that be?

I edited this post to add that, when I open a factory xxx by double clicking on the factory-file, the program asks if I want to save the current workspace but is proposing the name of the file that I try to open by double click. One second of un-concentration overwrites the factory file I want to open with the contents of the current factory file when opening simplify3d.

Thanks for advice. Eric.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Saving workspace

eavogels wrote:Is it not possible to save the workspace from the program?
Yes, that's what the factory file is. So just go to File > Save Factory File As, if you want to save the workspace
eavogels wrote:I mix upp all the extension and names. Sometimes a print is only generating G-Code and not 3xg file. How can that be?
When you go to export the toolpaths, the file extension matches what you select as the export file format on the G-Code tab. So it you tell it that you want an x3g file, then it's going to prompt you to save an x3g file and use x3g as the extension.

I'm also not aware of any circumstance where it wouldn't save both gcode and x3g files, assuming that you have a properly configured process that has x3g selected as the export file format. If you think you have a specific situation where it isn't saving an x3g file, then feel free to post your factory file so that others can try to provide suggestions.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”