rakhuuok

Re: print speed updates in every material?

What I'm seeing makes a lot more sense now. It would be a lot easier if I could edit these things in the software, or at the very least have a display option that shows what's attached to what behind the scenes.
S3D-Jason

I want to mention that V5 actually has a completely new profile management system. If has a new visual editor where you can define which settings are modified by Material, Quality, etc. We hope this makes it much easier to customize your profiles within needing to edit any XML (that was only needed in V4).
ptegler

plain and simple... ALL configured slicer setting should be 'saved' with the material selection. Even any print qualtiy alternate settings are still dependent on the material you are printing!

This is one feature I'd hoped they'd fix with the next rev (v5) But alas....no dice. V5 was no better.
S3D-Jason

ptegler wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:06 pm plain and simple... ALL configured slicer setting should be 'saved' with the material selection

I would say there are definitely a large number of settings that should NOT change when you pick a different material or quality level. For example, the build volume, scripts, or output file format settings. Those only really need to change when you pick a new machine.

However, if you really want to change EVERY setting for each material, you can do that by just saving a completely new profile for each material.
kamoteshake

for V5, there is a "..." next to the profile and you can select the "Assign settings to categories".

This will let you choose which settings you want to be different per material, quality or the machine (none). You can then set the Default Printing Speed to Material.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”