Another toolhead offset thread
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 pm
After pouring through the form and trying for a day I'm suck and could use some help!
I have a powerspec 3d pro printer that was printing dual extrusions models fine until I upgraded to sailfish 7.7 r01591 (Creator X firmware). My printer is not accounting for the offset on the left tool head and doesn't move it to "the right" to correct the positioning. I've tried the following:
1) Use repG to read the onboard preferences. The toolhead offset said 0 when i first upgraded but i noticed it now read 34mm. Tried setting to 0mm but no change. set it back to 34mm, no change
2) Checked that the S3D T1 offset was set to 34mm, tried setting to zero, no change. Set back to 34mm, no change
I did not change any offsets on the LCD screen as per the sailfish manual thats an additional offset of the default firmware offset.
You can see in the 2nd attachment what happens when i try to print a dual extrusion traffic cone. T0 starts correctly, T1 started without the proper offset, T0 resumed using relative ordinates to the wrong T1 position, then it repeated itself when it switched to T0, continuously moving further left with each T0 to T1 tool change.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading.
I have a powerspec 3d pro printer that was printing dual extrusions models fine until I upgraded to sailfish 7.7 r01591 (Creator X firmware). My printer is not accounting for the offset on the left tool head and doesn't move it to "the right" to correct the positioning. I've tried the following:
1) Use repG to read the onboard preferences. The toolhead offset said 0 when i first upgraded but i noticed it now read 34mm. Tried setting to 0mm but no change. set it back to 34mm, no change
2) Checked that the S3D T1 offset was set to 34mm, tried setting to zero, no change. Set back to 34mm, no change
I did not change any offsets on the LCD screen as per the sailfish manual thats an additional offset of the default firmware offset.
You can see in the 2nd attachment what happens when i try to print a dual extrusion traffic cone. T0 starts correctly, T1 started without the proper offset, T0 resumed using relative ordinates to the wrong T1 position, then it repeated itself when it switched to T0, continuously moving further left with each T0 to T1 tool change.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading.