molak

Slicing for "Blackbelt 3d" like printer

Is it possible to incorporate that kind of slicing to simplify ?
derekscameron

Re: Slicing for "Blackbelt 3d" like printer

It would be absolutely wonderful if a printer configuration was created for BlackBelt 3D's printer. Right now the only option is using Cura, which I cannot stand. I'm a long time user of S3D and would love to have the ability to create programs for our BlackBelt printer.

Thank you!
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the interest in a slicing profile for these printers. I've documented this request for our development team. I'll continue to monitor this thread for future interest from other users.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Jgude

hi!

It has been a while... is this allready implemented? More and more conveyorbelt printers are coming and for nog cura is the only one supporting it. When can I use s3d with this?
Jgude

with several new belt printers (ifactory3d one, Creality cr-30)_one coming out in next few months the need for a good slicer with support for these printerse will be key! at the moment cura blackbelt version (old cura version) is the only supporting slicing for it. This could give s3d the change becoming a very important slicer again. please add it in V5 and release it ASAP. I would even pay for the upgrade ;)....

if you want more information get in contact.
newbpwnr

Jgude wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 am hi!

It has been a while... is this allready implemented? More and more conveyorbelt printers are coming and for nog cura is the only one supporting it. When can I use s3d with this?
The last time there has been an update period was april 2019.
edumaker

Hi S3D team

I need this feature for my business to purchase and use several continuous Z printers.

I have recently purchased a new licence for S3D but this was very much through gritted teeth as I'm disappointed by what appears to be an abandoned project in terms of development.

Continuous Z is a professional 3D print feature. It's not new. This is make or break for me, as if I have to move to Cura for one printer, I'll do it for all.

What is causing such slow development of the software? You may be stuck in a loop of reducing new subscribers, less budget for developers, slower progress. You need to do something about this. Consider how many 3D print professionals already use Simplify3D - why would we recommend it to or colleagues and customers? Where is the published roadmap for us to get excited about? And, while I dipped my hand in my pocket to buy a new licence all too recently, I would potentially consider paying a SMALL amount towards ongoing development - perhaps others would too. But I need to see what I'd be funding.

S3D has some useful features which do still differentiate it for professional users (I appreciate being able to quickly switch between several different styles of printer from one interface). But others including free alternatives are catching up, and S3D should be building on its strengths in obvious ways - more efficient support patterns, more options for zoning - but we hear crickets.

Please - update us on your current development priorities and timeline!

Kind regards
Edumaker
faye

I bought a Creality CR-30 Print Mill which is another of these Infinite Z printers sliced at 45 degrees to the bed. I'm using Kiri:Moto for it at the moment, but I have a Simplify license and would like to be able to use Simplify 3D with it.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for including your additional feedback for this feature request. I've documented the new printers mentioned and updated the existing feedback for our developers to review.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
BitPrint

Bought the software to use with my CR-30. Is there an ETA or should I request a refund? Thanks

Return to “Feature Requests”