Page 1 of 1

[SOLVED] Identical Model Not Supported?

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 pm
by BobenhamHotspur
I have a situation where I have identical models (mirror images) on the bed where one model gets supports but the other doesn't?

Re: Identical Model Not Supported?

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:30 pm
by brian442
It would be easier to help if you included your factory file

Re: Identical Model Not Supported?

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:40 pm
by BobenhamHotspur
Factory file attached

Re: Identical Model Not Supported?

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:10 pm
by dkightley
You need to run your models through one of the stl repair services. Some of the faces are inside out, which stops the auto support generation from working.

Re: Identical Model Not Supported?

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:16 am
by BobenhamHotspur
Thanks for the suggestion as it is now applying support everywhere you would expect it to. I thought the strange display of some of the faces was just a glitch especially when Cura seemed to not have the same problem.