gearsawe

Re: Perimeter around surface layers on top of infill

Or an option to inflate the external Infill by a (mm) amount if adjacent to internal infill would be perfect. Just like the option to inflate bridging there would be expand external infill. This is the one thing S3D does less then poorly.
The logic is already there in their code. Just need to apply it here.

I find myself spliting a process when I do catch this (a real pain)
then the internal infill captures the layer below it so you end up with something like this. But if thing are on an angle... forget it. ask here
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12895&hilit=inflate with no response but same thing.
Even making the internal infill solid does not work as there is no overlap of internal to external option just outline overlap.
inflate external infill.PNG
AgustaT59

Has this been resolved?
I find this a big problem with large prints on my 3DP1000.
The edges of the unsupported top layer lift and can cause the extruder to be knocked around when performing the nest layer.

Also can leave a lump/mess in top layers.

Adding a boarder with overlap would solve this.
AgustaT59

Is there a solution to this?
tipsmiller

This is definitely still an issue in the latest 4.1.2 version. In any print with low infill and internal floors this leads to issues, sometimes even causing the print head to crash into the uneven surface. Here's a pair of images showing what seems like a worst case scenario.
layer 1.PNG
layer 1.PNG (112.34 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
layer 2.PNG
lancaster71

+1 on getting a specific solution for this issue

Just ran into this issue with one of my prints. Really disappointed it hasn't been addressed yet

I solved my problem using a solid diaphragm, but for more intricate pieces like what blackbird2016 linked that would not work well. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7978

Return to “Feature Requests”