h3nk

Re: Ironing

+1
Jendrik

I would love to have some new features, too, such as ironing.
Is this really so hard to program ?
bolsoncerrado

Coming out.... on Friday!
alexis92

Well, this is a rather long thread for a single feature request... I'm surprised it hasn't been worked on yet.
bolsoncerrado

As surprised as there haven't been ANY updates on S3D in YEARS?
😂
josheh_3dworld

gwhite wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:52 pm What's odd is that they just posted an article in their Blog 5 days ago on making a sprinkler:

https://www.simplify3d.com/3d-printing- ... sprinkler/

This does not strike me as the sort of thing a dying company would bother with.

I also sent a bug report to Tech Support a couple weeks back, and they said they would pass it along to the developers. Again, the fact that there are still developers to send bug reports to is encouraging.

I really wish they would stop treating their vanishing base of loyal users like children and let us know what the heck is going on...
I think it's a show to make it seem like they're still active, so people keep buying licenses. Just look at the guy above that purchased this application recently, thinking it would have this feature. They just want to drag on this idea that they're alive, but it seems they're pretty dead. They haven't shown anything that requires development. All we've seen from them is what a guy in his basement with an email address can do.

Just because they post the same tip again, or respond that they passed your bug along, is no proof that actual development is happening. I could say the same thing, afterall. I personally read the messages in this thread and passed the ideas along to my development team to implement. There, there ya go, that's the level of effort needed for them to lie about it.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for your feedback. I can definitely see how frustrating it can be that I'm not able to share too much on what is going on behind the scenes here. But try to have a little faith! This is clearly one of our most requested features. I have seen work getting done from our engineers on putting this one into practice. I can't give you release dates or anything as concrete as you're likely wanting but don't lose hope. Our team is still here and working hard to make sure the most requested features are the ones we chose to focus on implementing!

That being said, I've updated our tracking for this feature request and will update our teams to let them know it is still one of if not the most hotly requested feature.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
josheh_3dworld

S3D-Jake wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:15 pm But try to have a little faith!
A little faith in what exactly? Years of empty promises? Of you running around throwing empty words out there that haven't been backed up by any real action?

All these other slicers keep expanding their offerings, and all you give is empty words exclaiming it's all coming, we've just gotta have faith.

Again, what have you actually done to earn any ounce of faith? Your company, you, have alienated so many customers with this years long ploy. Simplify3d as a brand has become more of a joke than anything. I mean look at your twitter... it's just the same selection of post on repeat with nearly every response being "what's going on with v5".

It's to the point that I can barely even justify using simplify3d anymore, because the competition has just put laps on you at this point. You want me to have faith in you, when you show nothing... when your competition is out there for free dishing these features hot out of the oven. I've been using ironing already with difference slicers, because their developers actually care about their community.

How is this not just a scam at this point? All these empty promises of something great, as you peddle outdated software to people that are new to this, and are unaware of the years long silence and abandonment.

I use to tell everyone to buy Simplify3d, now I make sure to direct people clear, because it's obvious that anymore it's just a cash grab for an now very outdated product.
joehuntyak

Will the "ironing" feature be a part of further developement of the V5?
bolsoncerrado

No, that will come out in v6, somewhere in 2036...

Return to “Feature Requests”