FlyingDutch

Z-lift for moves passing over objects

On the advanced tab there's a setting 'avoid crossing outline for travel movements. This also has a detour factor. In itself this works, however, if the detourfactor is reached, it'll plot a direct route. One can't completely make travel movements voids objects on the plate.

However, in some cases, this is exactly what one wants. For instance, when printing the 3dlabprint airplanes, these are single-walled prints which are slightly overextruded. The result is that during these prints, it happens that the nozzle slightly hits a wall during a travel movement.

It would be nice to have an extra setting 'z-hop for travel movements'. This could be added on the advanced page. I'd make it so that you can set 'avoid crossing outline', then the detourfactor and then a checkbox 'use z-hop if avoiding is not possible'.
brian442

Re: Z-lift for moves passing over objects

I think you can already do this. Just go to the Advanced tab and tell it to only retract when crossing open spaces. Then go to the Extruders tab and add retraction vertical lift. Then as long as you have "avoid crossing outlines" enabled, it will try to stay within the object, but if it can't, it will retract, lift, and then move directly to the new location.
FlyingDutch

This is not exactly the same. This means that it'll do a z-hop on every retract. I don't want that. I just want it to do a z-hop when it's not possible to avoid an object on travel moves..
brian442

But when you enable the option "only retract when crossing open spaces", it means that it only retracts when crossing over and object, and thus only lifts when crossing over an object. So that's one way to do what you asked for.
FlyingDutch

No, since then it won't retract for non-open space travel moves. I just want it to rectract normally, without z-hop, but if it can't plot a route around an existing object within the given detour-factor, that it THEN does a z-hop.

Really, it's something completely different. I don't want it to z-hop on retracts, nor do I want it not to retract when not crossing open spaces.
cetrespeo

Same problem here. Don't know why, but my nozzle is sometimes slightly hitting support structures when repositioning. The effect is that sometines the nozzle takes the support down.
DECZH

I had exactly the same problem
exxosuk

Same here. It needs to Z-lift while not extruding. Traveling only.
exxosuk

OK so this seems to work.

1.JPG
2.JPG
2.JPG (20.23 KiB) Viewed 6048 times

Retract and vertical lift only happens when moving more than 3mm from point to point.

The 3mm move may want increasing , depending on the size of your object,

Return to “Feature Requests”