real_Napster

different scale settings for different filament materials?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi there,

is there a way to save a individual scale value (tools -> options -> models -> "scale all") for different materials?

I did some good prints with GreenTEC filament with 101,5%.
Now I noticed that parts in PLA would need ~100,7%.

Is there a way to save the scale setting my profile? Or do I have to set in manually every time I change the material?

Greetings,
Kai

blackbird2016

Re: different scale settings for different filament material

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:34 am

There are really a lot of things to calibrate. (extrusion width, extrusion multiplier e.g)
I think the correct way would be to do this first!

Having done this there should be no need to fiddle with scales of things....

real_Napster

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:34 am

Hi,

I have some different materials in my profile. PLA and GreenTEC are calibrated well.
But I still have to change the scaling ~0,7% each time I switch between the two materials.

gwhite

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:53 am

I'm not sure about scaling, but I just found out the hard way that settings that worked fine are no longer working well on PETG filament stored in a ziplock with desiccant for 3 months. I'm getting serious under-extrusion problems. I can fix it by tweaking the extrusion multiplier, but it really changed a lot.

gwhite

Re: different scale settings for different filament materials?

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:37 pm

I'll put in another vote for this. You can still leave the scaling that is linked to the model (reached by double clicking on the model), but there should also be scaling parameters that can be saved as part of the process file. The scaling corrections are primarily determined by the filament being used, and not the model. I have a process for each type of filament, like "eSun PLA+ Red", and I was hoping to save the scaling & offsets in that process, rather than having to adjust them every time I import a new model.

I want to use the scaling for parts that are dimensionally critical, and that usually means I have to iterate the model a few times. I don't want to have to reenter my scaling corrections every time I delete and replace the model with the latest iteration.

Que

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:36 pm

I too would like to be able to save scaling settings as part of a profile to compensate for the shrinkage of various filament types. Essential when printing engineering parts.

S3D-Jake

Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:58 am

Que wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:36 pm
I too would like to be able to save scaling settings as part of a profile to compensate for the shrinkage of various filament types. Essential when printing engineering parts.
Thanks for adding your feedback to this existing feature request! You could try adding the setting "Horizontal Size Compensation" to the materials in your printer's profile. This thread shows how to add a setting to material or quality autoconfigures.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”