Drowkher

Re: Network Printing

I have a Flashforge Finder printer with WIFI/Ethernet.

I was using the Flashprint software with it, but was not very happy with the quality and the limited options. So I was trying Cura that I use with my Creality Ender3, but it didn't support the Flashforge Finder at all. So I thought I should spend some money on a Slicer software that supported both my printers. Then after buying Simplyfy 3D I discovered to my horror that there is no support for me printing over WIFI to my Flashforge Finder. So my question is - Will there ever be support for IP based printing like they have in Flashprint that comes with the printer?

I really hate the idea of having to go to my printer and manually insert a Micro SD card or a USB, that feels so ... yesterday.
TPJensen

Duet 2 wifi add on :) :) :) :) :)
Gamefanatic3D

I also would like Wifi / Generic Network connectivity to my Duet 2 Wifi and future Duet 3 wifi projects.
GetafixIT

Plus 1

The software doesn't appear to recognise my Dremel 3D45 over USB and I am able to print over the network with other 3D programs. Would be great to network print.
slanwar

Network support for flashprint adventurer 3
kazandzoe

I am also having difficulty getting Simplify3d to talk to my Dremel 3040 printer. I have tried LAN cable attach, USB attach neither works. I would sure appreciate some guidance on this. If Simplify3d does not support anything other than USB stick (manual file transfer) even that would be helpful. No point in trying to find a solution if it isn't there.
ScottK

How does one feature get more priority than another? I would think that this would be a huge priority. The clunky sneaker-net or copy to Octoprint is a terrible workflow. Does anyone actually use the Machine Control Panel? I'd love a reduced rate on S3D and just leave this unused functionality to a plug-in or somesuch.

Or... get MCP to work over the network.
emt409

+1 for network printing. Will not purchase this software until this is a feature.
kylefoxaustin

This is relatively crazy... $149 piece of software, highly recommended and it doesn't, at a minimum, support LAN based (let alone WIFI based) print?

I have two WIFI (or LAN if i want to switch) printers. I'm not going to stretch two USB cables to them nor use SDCards. We have a small minifactory going here...

I should have checked in with this prior to buying.
SebaPIERRE

with octoprint you can send the gcode file automatically with curl and the API like this :
https://all3dp.com/2/simplify3d-octopri ... -together/

Return to “Feature Requests”