New member here. I just bought the new Qidi X-Pro and am trying to use S3D with it. A reviewer on Amazon posted settings he said that he got to work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B076BLQWHY
I followed the instructions and when I put the gcode file into the machine, the wiping operation happens and then no material feeds after that. I kept the PLA nozzle temperatures at 190C and the platform at 60C because those have been working in the files generated by the Qidi software. I tried the entire process twice with the same results.
Any idea what I'm missing?
I sent the guy's review to the S3D tech support people, hoping it will get an official profile from them faster.
Here is what he suggested:
If you want to use S3D, here is a short how-to:
1. Select "other" from help->configuration assistant.
2. Set up dual extruders, Right is T0 and Left is T1. Set the extrusion multiplier is 1.11 (I did the math to match QIDI file).
3. Set primary layer height to 0.18 mm.
4. ABS temp settings: 230C for extruder, 115C for platform (make sure you choose T0/T1 to match the proper extruder)
5. PLA temp settings: 220C for extruder, 65C for platform.
6. Under the gcode tab, check the following: 1) 5D firmware, 2) Allow zeroing of extrusion distances, 3) Firmware support sticky parameters, 4) build volume: 230x150x150, all offsets are 0, and select RepRap for the firmware.
7. Set the left extruder tool offset (index "Tool 1") to X:34, Y:0.
8. Startup Script:
G28 X0 Y0
G0 X-1000 Y-1000 F1800
G1 X0 Y0 Z50 F3600
G1 X0 Y0 F3600
G92 A0 B0
G0 X0 Y4 Z0.3 F3600
G1 X230 A18 F2400
G1 X230 Y5 F2400
G1 X35 F2400
G92 A0 B0
9. Shutdown Script:
M104 S0 ; cool left extruder
M104 S0 T1 ; cool right extruder
M140 S0 ; cool build plate
G1 Z150 F900
G28 X0 Y0
I left all other settings default and have had great results.
Once a profile is developed by S3D, it would be nice to be able to use the machine's Wifi gcode file transfer feature.