ShadowHawk

First layer of additional processes does not have infill

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 am

Hi there,
I just upgraded from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 because I had an issue where the older version left a 0.04mm gap between the first and second process.
Layer Gap in 4.0.0.png
This has been fixed in 4.0.1, but now I don't get infill for the first layer of the second and third process which was working fine under 4.0.0
First bottom layer after process change missing in 4.0.1.png
I have my factory setup with three processes and three objects that are stacked on top of each other. I plan to include filament change codes at the beginning of the second and third process in the gcode. I do want to have a full top layer below and above the process change as that gives a nicer looking surface of the exposed part of the lower layer.

rrdavis

Re: First layer of additional processes does not have infill

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:03 am

Can you attach your factory file? It's hard to give advice without it..

Alpha_Mach_Inc

Tue May 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I have the same problem but with the support layer that takes two layers before it starts printing after a process change. Without any process change, there is no problem.

I just posted a new item beginning of the afternoon.

dkightley

Wed May 16, 2018 5:16 pm

I have the same problem but with the support layer that takes two layers before it starts printing after a process change.
No you don't. Se my response in your thread.

Shadowhawk. You have been asked to attach a factory file. I concur with this request......please attach a factory file. I think your issue is something to do with your stl……..and the factory file will allow me to either confirm or dismiss my thoughts!

Factory file.....File menu===> Save factory File.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

wirlybird

Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 am

I don't know if this is what you are getting but I recently found out that in the new version the "Top" and "Bottom" layer settings only affect the actual top and bottom of the overall part. They no longer apply to each process but just the overall part
I was trying to make a solid area in the middle of a part with two process and using top and bottom layers to do it but it wouldn't work.

My solution was to add a process for the area I wanted solid and use the include solid diaphragm every x layers and set it to 1.

I believe Doug clued me into this. Means making extra processes but it worked good.

So, maybe your issue and maybe not!!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”