towatson

Re: S3D Crashing On Clicking Prepare To Print

I have S3D 4.1.2 and it crashes when I click Prepare to Print. This is happening when I print a temperature tower with multiple processes. Oddly, I have a different temperature tower with more processes that crashes occasionally but eventually generates the output.
Temperature Tower.fff
(30.99 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
jkiejr

i am also having an issue crashing when trying to slice. i tried a super simple filament test cube and the benchy.

have attached factory file
Attachments
Test_Cube.factory
(27.78 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
S3D-Alex

jkiejr wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:02 pm i am also having an issue crashing when trying to slice. i tried a super simple filament test cube and the benchy.

have attached factory file
I was able to slice this without any crashing or immediately noticeable issues. Are you unable to slice the Factory File you provided here?
TheBum

Sounds like more information is needed about your computing environment, such as processor speed, memory, and OS version.
tshrimp

Shortly after I posted I was having the same issue, I was able to fix it. I could not find my post to edit, so creating a new one.

My hardware/software is as follows:

S3D 4.1.2
Windows 10 1909
Ryzen 3800x
32GB Crucial Ballistic Memory
1TB Inland M.2 nvme
PowerColor 5700XT with AMD driver version 19.11.3

I updated my video card drive to 19.12.2, and the issue seems to have stopped. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I am back to printing now :).

Merry Christmas!
joyster

S3D: 4.1.2
CPU: I5 -6600K
Ram: 16GB
GPU: GTX 1660 6GB

I have attached the factory file which causes the ctd.
Artillery_Genius_Bed_Strain.factory
(30.76 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
S3D-Jake

joyster wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:26 am S3D: 4.1.2
CPU: I5 -6600K
Ram: 16GB
GPU: GTX 1660 6GB

I have attached the factory file which causes the ctd. Artillery_Genius_Bed_Strain.factory
Fixes that allow this to not crash:
  • Turning off internal single extrusions
  • Changing the extrusion width to 0.4mm
  • Rotate the model in Z 45 degrees
  • Changing Allowed perimeter overlap from 20% to 19%
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
dkightley

Another solution......replace the stl file with the attached repaired file.
Attachments
Artillery_Genius_Bed_Strain.3mf
(40.05 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
parallyze

Interesting behavior of this thing...

Opened the factory file, exported the model to STL (binary and ascii).

Using the ascii STL there's no problems at all, it's just when using the binary STL (and S3D >v4.0)...
alpal

Hi GUYS
CONSIDERING THE SIMPLIFY3D COSTS MONEY IT SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY BUGS AT ALL. AND NO MATTER WHAT PROCESS EDITTING YOU DO IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO PREPARE FOR PRINT THIS PROGRAM IS A JOKE AND WASTE OF MONEY I CHANGED MY GCODE START AND END SCRIPT TO SUIT MY PRINT IE INFILL ETC I THEN HIT PREPARE TO PRINT AND THE MODEL STRATS TO DISSOLVE ON THE PLATFORM AND THE HOT END IS LEFT FLOATING IN THE AIR AND THE MODEL HAS COMPLETLEY DISSAPARED I CLEANED UP MY COMPUTER STORAGE THINKING IT WAS THIS RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND STILL THE SAME .. I THEN UNINSTALLED THE VERSION 4.1 AND WENT TO THE S3D SITE AND DOWLOADED VERSION 4.2 BEFORE THIS I COPPIED AND PASTED MY CHANGES TO MICROSOFT WORD SO I CAN RETREIVE LATER. AFTER INSTALLING 4.2 AND PLACED MY SETTINGS BACK IN PLACE UNDER PROCESS EDITING ETC I HIT PREPARE TO PRINT AND IT WORKED FINE I LEFT THE PROGRAM IN MINIMISE I THEN WENT BACK LATER TO USE S3D PLACED ANOTHER MODEL ON PLATFORM HIT PREPARE TO PRINT AND IT SHOWED THE MODEL ABOUT 0.3 LAYER HEIGHT WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY 150MM HIGH THIS PROGRM FROM S3D IS A FRAUD AND YOU ARE BETTER OFF STAYING TO CURA AS IT IS FREE AND YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND DO YOUR MANIPULATIONS BEFORE HAND ON A PROGRAM LIKE TINKERCAD AS IT DOES ALL SIMPLIFY COULD DO IN REGARDS TO EDITING THE MODEL AS IT IS ALSO FREE.... DO NOT PURCHASE S3D IT WILL GIVE YOU A HEADACHE MAYBE IT IS THE NEW VERSION SOFTWARE AS I NEVER USED TO HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH VERSION UNDER 4.1..............

Allan ))

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”