Sykotik

S3D Crashing On Clicking Prepare To Print

As soon as I click Prepare To Print, S3D crashes. I tried a couple different printer profiles and they all crash. Uninstalled and reinstalled - same issue. Any ideas?
https://t.me/pump_upp
rrdavis

Re: S3D Crashing On Clicking Prepare To Print

Can you attach your factory file (File > Save Factory File)?
ghaith

I'm also getting lots of crashing when trying to print with multiple processes (associated with layers vs. models). If I save the factory file and then try again sometimes crashes, sometimes not... unable to get reproducible, crash every time setup but seems to be crashing 90% of the time when trying to print large complex model (7 of the model included below).
Attachments
PillShell_v5_Pillow.factory
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
rrdavis

It's slicing fine for me. Tried it 5 times in a row and it worked every time.

What version of S3D are you running? Maybe try re-downloading the latest version from their website.
wirlybird

One thing I recall finding is that under the right conditions if I had the infill directions (in the lower box on the right of the infill tab) set to only "0" it would crash.
Porcupine

Not to a necro a thread, but since this is one of the first results when searching for the software crashing.. If it's previously worked with different settings, load some known settings, go to preview, and turn off travel moves and retraction, then switch your settings, close S3D and reopen. My issue started when I turned off retraction in ooze control to rule it out on Z axis scarring (ooze control was definitely the culprit). Since there weren't any retract moves, it got confused and crashed.
On a side note, the programmer who's doing the coding for this needs to add in "try...(normal button behavior) catch ex as exception msgbox ex" to the button that swaps to preview mode to help clean up issues like this, assuming they're using c# or vb.net.
teamfox201

I am having the same problem with version 4.1.1. I started using multiple processes the other day and randomly when I go to "Prepare to Print" the program crashes.

Crashing is not even the worst part, I lose all my process settings (even though I clicked Update Profile) ... like printing speeds, temp, cooling fan settings, etc.
Chattel

I'm having the same issue. S3D are saying on a locked thread that it has been fixed in release 4.1.2 but I can't find that. Anyone have a link to the download?
S3D-Alex

4.1.2 can be acquired by logging into your dashboard at simplify3d.com and clicking Download Software. Please let me know if you are still having issues with this new version.
dkightley

Just to clarify what S3D-Alex has said....

The download page indicates the latest release is 4.1......but when you do the actual download, the downloaded version is 4.1.2.

This needs sorting out as it can be very confusing!!!!!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”