bobmonteverde

Cyclops Dual extrusion, single nozzle start script... purge line(s)?

I'm just getting a cyclops setup for the first time, never dealt with printing 2 colors before. I figured this was a pretty common thing by now, and was hoping information on the subject would be more clear, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

Anyway, I found this tool change script on the forum that I'm hoping is a good one (tho not exactly sure considering all the variables... ):

Code: Select all

{IF NEWTOOL=0} T0								; Start tool switch 0
{IF NEWTOOL=0} G1 X[next_position_x] Y[next_position_y] F[travel_speed] 	; move to next printing location
{IF NEWTOOL=0} G1 Z[next_position_z] F1002
{IF NEWTOOL=0} G1 E0 F[toolchange_retract_speed] 				; prime new tool

{IF NEWTOOL=1} T1					`			; Start tool switch 1
{IF NEWTOOL=1} G1 X[next_position_x] Y[next_position_y] F[travel_speed] 	; move to next printing location
{IF NEWTOOL=1} G1 Z[next_position_z] F1002
{IF NEWTOOL=1} G1 E0 F[toolchange_retract_speed] 				; prime new tool

G92 E0
I'm hoping that is good for the tool change script, though would love any advice if anyone thinks something else would be better. I am also trying to figure out a good start script. So far I'm just planning to use my old start script with preheating, bed leveling, and a purge line.... presumably the only thing that likely needs to be changed is the purge line... at least I've read that it makes sense to purge both colors (ironically, while I saw that mentioned multiple times, I did not find any examples of a good start script to do so).

Anyway, would love any input/advice you guys may have. I'm running RepRap Firmware on a Duet Wifi on a custom CoreXY build... and currently have 2 Titan extruders setup as bowden to a Cyclops (2 in 1 out) hotend... though considering trying a different style 2 in 1 out hotend as well (NF TH-01 I believe is the model... but will worry about that another time)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”