ljonesii

Experience with S3D after a month

When I first tried to use the program I had a lot of issues. I complained quite vehemently about the software. Well after sticking with it and spending some time with the folks on the Duplicator 4 forum I have become not only a supporter of the program, but quite an expert user. I thought I owed the folks at S3D this after my initial rants. Don't get me wrong here, the program is not for the faint of heart, but if you are willing to put in some time and experimenting I think, like me, you will come out the other end loving this program. Especially the slicer. All of the options are overwhelming at first, but just plain fun after you master them. I am really printing some nice stuff these days and having a lot of fun. Thanks!
Garyhlucas

Re: Experience with S3D after a month

It is good to see that you arrived at that conclusion. I bought it a few months ago but have had issues with my printer as it is a CNC mill with an extruder head and I haven't quite got all the differences resolved yet, and haven't printed anything yet. However what I have seen so far is quite nice. Yesterday was supposed to be THE day when I printed something. I had to rebuild the Qu'bd extruder before I even installed it because it was so poorly designed. Yesterday while calibrating the extruder I noticed the heated bed was was over temperature, and then noticed that the extruder was under temp. I had already replaced a little mosfet driver for the heat bed because the connectors melted down with 14 amps on a board rated at 20! So I replaced it with a 25 amp solid state relay with a large heat sink. It was shorted and on all the time! Then I checked the extruder and the controller showed the proper temperature and set point, but it was only supplying a tiny bit of voltage. Sometimes you just can't win.
Gary H. Lucas

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”